I create positive experiences to enhance our ability to survive and thrive on our interconnected planet.
What I do
- Make prototypes.
- Design experiences.
- Program the web: (Full-stack Front-End "Storytelling" Engineer.)
- Make interactives, maps, data visualizations.
- Do public art projects.
- Facilitate, found, organize and bring people together in events.
- Break comprehension barriers.
Communities that know me:
- Code for America
- Web Mapping
- Urban Prototyping/Market Street Prototyping Festival
- Civic Designers
What I'm up to
- Daily Boost. Public power poses. April 2015 as part of Market Street Prototyping Festival.
- CivicInsight, Publishing building and code enforcement data for cities throughout the US
- SFMOMA Art & Data Day: Facilitated workshop for SFMOMA & Stamen, we wrote up a blog post summary for SFMOMA's new SFMOMA Labs. "Art + Data Day: Interrogating the SFMOMA API through Participatory Design"
- Fruit Fence for Urban Prototyping Festival
- Lemonopoly for Zero1 festival with SOMArts.
- Nerds for Nature, co-founder
- Iconathon, co-founder of event to produce new civic symbols for the public domain.
- California Water Rights Map/Groundwater & New California Water Atlas. Co-founder/Engineer/Designer/Open gov strategist
- Mukurtu, Lead Engineer, open source platform for culturally appropriate digital heritage content and media management
- Code for America Fellow, 2011 (founding class of fellows), Team Seattle.
- Open Food data community building
- Internet Variety Store: analog internet installation in a popup storefront.
- Drupal developer with Gorton Studios: Missouri Department of Conservation, a PBS show, a school, a recycling directory
- Science Museum of Minnesota: National network of nanoscience educators, Science Buzz, Disease Detectives
- Exploratorium: Multimedia exhibit developer on exhibition teams. Mind, Listen, Microscope Imaging Station, Bioinformatics Human Genome exhibit, Visitor Research and Evaluation, Outdoor Exploratorium